Willits Area Services
Trash and Recycling Information
Recycling service is free to all trash customers in the Ukiah area. Businesses and apartment complexes which choose to recycle can obtain, at no extra charge, containers of appropriate size to accept mixed paper and cardboard, glass bottles and jars, as well as plastic and metal beverage containers. Business owners and apartment complex managers, please contact Jennifer Lombari at email@example.com for a free consultation and for help saving money and reducing your waste. Recycling and diversion are encouraged by the City of Ukiah and the County of Mendocino.
Willits Transfer Station and Buyback Center
- 350 Franklin St., Willits
- Tuesday-Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Site is closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
The Willits Transfer Station Recycling Center pays for the following recyclables:
- The Transfer Station operates a state-certified buy-back where customers can redeem containers which have California Redemption Value(CRV). Material brought for redemption must be segregated by product type and separated from other materials.
The Willits Transfer Station Recycling Center accepts the following recyclables without charge:
- Consumer Electronics (Televisions, computers, monitors, stereos, VCRs, phones, etc.)
- Household batteries
- Automobile batteries
- Motor oil and filters
- Newspaper, cardboard, office paper, food and beverage glass, steel cans, plastic food and beverage containers
The Willits Transfer Station accepts the following recyclables for a fee:
- Appliances such as washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, water heaters, air conditioners, and dishwashers.
For More information visit the Solid Wastes Services Website at http://www.solidwasteservices.net/Locations.html.
Curbside Trash and Recycling Service
Willits Solid Waste:
- 350 Franklin St., Willits
Curbside pickup service available: trash and recycling pickup for aluminum cans, glass bottles, jars, plastic bottles, newspaper, phonebooks, magazines, cardboard, boxboard, junkmail, white paper, and rinsed milk cartons.
- 1785 S. Main St., Willits 95490
- 707-983-8240 Sunday-Friday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. & Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
More information here.
HazMobile accepts these items: aerosol cans, antifreeze, asbestos, batteries, brake fluid, corrosives, flourescent lights, gasoline, glues, herbicides, medicines, motor oil, oil filters, oven cleaners, paint, paint thinner, pesticides, photo chemicals, poisons, polishes, pool chemicals, propane canisters, and solvents.
Please contact the Mendocino County Recycling Hotline at 707-468-9704 with any further questions.
Thrift Stores are also a Recycling Opportunity
Goodwill– Donations (receipt upon request) Long-standing nonprofit chain with a range of pre-owned clothing, furniture, housewares & more.
1728 S Main St, Willits
Purple Moose– Donations only, nothing that comes in consistent contact with the human body (i.e. no clothing, mattresses, no linens, etc.), will give receipt
1402 S. Main HWY 101, Willits
If anyone has any additional information on local services not listed please call 707-468-9710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org