Point Arena Area Services
Trash and Recycling Information
Recycling service is free to all trash customers in the Point Arena area. Businesses and apartment complexes which choose to recycle can obtain, at no extra charge, containers of appropriate size to accept mixed paper and cardboard, glass bottles and jars, as well as plastic and metal beverage containers. Business owners and apartment complex managers, please contact Jennifer Lombari at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation and for help saving money and reducing your waste. Recycling and diversion are encouraged by the County of Mendocino.
South Coast Transfer Station
- 40855 Fish Rock Rd., Gualala
- Monday-Wednesdays 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Holiday closures vary, please call for holiday hours.
The South Coast Transfer Station accepts the following recyclables without charge:
- Consumer Electronics (Televisions, computers, monitors, stereos, VCRs, phones, etc.)
- Household batteries
- Automobile batteries
- Motor oil and filters
- Newspaper, cardboard, office paper, food and beverage glass, steel cans, and plastic food and beverage containers.
The South Coast Transfer Station accepts the following recyclables for a fee:
South Coast Recycling Center
- 39225 S. Hwy 1, Gualala
- Open Wednesday through Saturday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The South Coast Recycling Center pays for the following recyclables:
- South Coast Recycling operates a state-certified buy-back where customers can redeem containers which have California Redemption Value (CRV). Material brought for redemption must be segregated by product type and separated from other materials.
Point Arena Pier Recycling Center
- 810 Port Rd., Point Arena
- Always open
The Point Arena Pier Recycling Center accepts the following recyclables without charge:
- Newspaper, cardboard, paper (bags, wrapping, office, news, etc.), food and beverage glass, steel cans, plastic food and beverage containers, aluminum cans
- Preparation instructions can be found at: http://unicycler.com/pdfs/approved.pdf
HazMobile accepts these items: aerosol cans, antifreeze, asbestos, batteries, brake fluid, corrosives, flourescent lights, gasoline, glues, herbicides, medicines, motor oil, oil filters, oven cleaners, paint, paint thinner, pesticides, photo chemicals, poisons, polishes, pool chemicals, propane canisters, and solvents.
Please contact the Mendocino County Recycling Hotline at 707-468-9704 with any further questions.