Recycling service is free to all trash customers in the Ukiah area. Businesses and apartment complexes which choose to recycle can obtain, at no extra charge, containers of appropriate size to accept mixed paper and cardboard, glass bottles and jars, as well as plastic and metal beverage containers. Business owners and apartment complex managers, please contact Jennifer Silva at email@example.com for a free consultation and for help saving money and reducing your waste. Recycling and diversion are encouraged by the City of Ukiah and the County of Mendocino.
Ukiah Valley Transfer Station Buyback Center:
- 3151 Taylor Dr., Ukiah map
- Monday-Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Site is closed on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
The Ukiah Transfer Station Recycling Center pays for the following recyclables:
- The Transfer Station operates a state-certified buy-back where customers can redeem containers which have California Redemption Value(CRV). Material brought for redemption must be segregated by product type and separated from other materials.
- Non ferrous scrap metal
The Ukiah Transfer Station Recycling Center accepts the following recyclables without charge:
- Scrap Metal
- Consumer Electronics (Televisions, computers, monitors, stereos, VCRs, phones, etc.)
- Household batteries
- Automobile batteries
- Motor oil and filters
- Newspaper, cardboard, office paper, food and beverage glass, steel cans, and plastic food, beverage containers, clean film plastic such as grocery bags, plastic wrap and shrink wrap.
- Rigid plastic containers such as 5 gallon buckets, plastic storage containers, resin patio chairs and laundry baskets
The Ukiah Transfer Station accepts the following recyclables for a fee:
- Appliances such as washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, water heaters, air conditioners, and dishwashers.
The Salvage Shop at the Ukiah Transfer Station offers a wide range of used (and some new) merchandise that has been salvaged at the transfer station at very affordable prices.
For More information visit the Ukiah Transfer Station information website.
Ukiah Recycling Center:
- 1080 Cunningham, Ukiah Map
- 707-462-9399 Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. & Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Ukiah Recycling Center pays for the following recyclables:
- The Ukiah Recycling Center operates a state-certified buy-back where customers can redeem containers which have California Redemption Value (CRV). Material brought for redemption must be segregated by product type and separated from other materials.
- Nonferrous scrap metal.
Ukiah Auto Dismantlers:
- 500 Pinoleville Dr., Unit D, Ukiah Map
- Will accept non-ferrous scrap metal and car batteries.
For a fee will accept scrap iron, steel and appliances.
Curbside Trash and Recycling Service:
C & S Waste Solutions (Inside City Limits):
- Ukiah City Hall, 300 Seminary Ave (new residential service).
- 4000 North State St., Ukiah
Empire Waste Management (unincorporated Ukiah area):
- 450 Orr Springs Rd., Ukiah
Curbside pickup service available: trash and recycling pickup for aluminum cans, glass bottles, jars, plastic bottles, newspaper, phonebooks, magazines, cardboard, boxboard, junkmail, white paper, and rinsed milk cartons.
HazMobile accepts these items: aerosol cans, antifreeze, asbestos, batteries, brake fluid, corrosives, flourescent lights, gasoline, glues, herbicides, medicines, motor oil, oil filters, oven cleaners, paint, paint thinner, pesticides, photo chemicals, poisons, polishes, pool chemicals, propane canisters, and solvents.
Excluded items include: flares, ammunition, explosives, radioactive wastes, compressed gas cylinders larger than 5 gallons.
HazMobile schedule and more HazMobile information.
Please contact the Mendocino County Recycling Hotline at 707-468-9704 with any further questions.